How to transfer website from Netfirms to 2by2host
Transferring your site from NetFirms to 2by2host
There are two ways of doing that: 1). complicated and 2). very complicated for an average user. Decide which one to use based on your experience. The steps are the following:
Easy and fast transfer from NetFirms to 2by2host
- First of all you need to enable SSH. To do that log in to your account and go to "Hosting > Settings > SSH > Enable".
- Login to SSH and create a tar archive of the domain you're going to transfer
- Copy created tar archive to a publicly visible folder on your website:
cp archive.tar.gz /public_html/
- Once copied you need to download the archive and copy it from the old server to us
wget -c http://domain.name.com/archive.tar.gz
- Now it's time to create a dump of a database connected to your website (if any)
/usr/local/nf/bin/mysqldump -e --force --quick -h mysqlhost -u Username -pPassword DatabseName > BackupFile.sql
mysql -u Username -pPassword DatabseName > BackupFile.sql
- Once we are on our server we need to unpack the downloaded file into the home directory of a domain
tar -xvf archive.tar.gz
- After we unpacked the archive we need to make sure the permissions of the transferred websites are correct
chown username:usergroup * -R
- If there were any databases, create them using cpanel
- Change DB(s) login and site path settings in website's files (if any)
- Import downloaded databases into created ones on our server
mysql -u Username -pPassword DatabseName < BackupFile.sql
If you would like a service but do not have enough of a budget, earn points through our affiliate program by referring customers to us and use them toward your project or service with us.
Have any questions?
Use the following form to submit them or call us at 413-776-4190 within US or +1 413 776 41 90 (International).
Use the form below and ask your questions