How to install WordPress theme from cPanel?
Some older versions of WordPress do not support “one-click” theme installation from the admin panel of your site. In this case, it is easy to install a WordPress theme from the cPanel of your web hosting account. This is probably the fastest and the most reliable way as you don’t need a third-side program and even don’t have to unzip the theme archive. It is not even necessary to know your FTP logins.
- In my cPanel I entered the File Manager under the “Files” section. I expanded folders public_html -- > myblog (optional) -- > wp-content -- > themes.
- I downloaded the theme onto my hard disk. There is no need to unzip it.
- I found the icon “Upload” in the File Manager and uploaded the theme to the themes directory.
- I clicked on the “Extract” button to unzip the theme archive.
- I returned to the admin area of my WordPress site and found the recently installed theme there. I clicked on it to activate it.
If you would like a service but do not have enough of a budget, earn points through our affiliate program by referring customers to us and use them toward your project or service with us.
Have any questions?
Use the following form to submit them or call us at 917.558.8139 within US or +1 917 558 81 39 (International).
Use the form below and ask your questions